Thursday, April 18, 2013

Thoughts

Hello, my body clock is really out of whack. Two AM here and I am wide awake after another long day. Ask yourself what a hug can do for you or others? Typically, Chinese do not hug. I think I have changed that tradition from my first day here. This evening and throughout the trip, hugging was part of my approach with all the individuals I met. Many have said it has given them a feeling of trust, acceptance and warmth. Such a simple little thing , but yet powerful. I am sure in a few hours from now many more hugs will be given to the staff, and anyone else who is around me. I will arrive at school by 7:30am, spend about 30 minutes with staff, followed by an hour trip to the airport. I will meet all my American friends, except our friends from Massachusetts , we will see them in Shanghai. It is about an hour flight. I was able to successfully pack my luggage and triple checked everywhere not to forget anything, most importantly my passport. Well I must go the alarm ( mr. rooster) will be cackling in a few short hours. So long my friends. Ed

Ps. I think there might be a saying..... What happens in Shanghai - stays in Shanghai.

No comments:

Post a Comment