Monday, April 15, 2013

First day with kids

My first day with the students. 

Again words cannot describe. The students were polite and happy to see me. I gave out many quarters, flags, and USA pencils. I felt like I was their principal for five years. Teachers hugged me, which is not part of their culture, but the atmosphere as one teacher said , was warm , friendly and they too felt as though we were connected before. Students wanted autographs , and many wanted to see another quarter pulled from an ear. I received 30 some questions at the faculty meeting and my humor( if I may say so was stellar ) . For example, the question was asked ..... what do we do with naughty children? I paused for a brief moment and replied ...... We send them to  China. The place went wild with laughter. That comment set the tone for a great meeting. All teachers were sitting on little plastic chairs. A point you will need to know. A question was asked of what we in the USA  think of China? I replied with, in the 60's cheap goods, now quality and we owe you a lot of money for debt. They laughed so much that one of the plastic chairs that a man was sitting on broke and he fell to the floor. This brought more laughter, which I replied with ..... That chair was built in the USA. We all laughed. I must say, this hour was serious , and down to earth...... I know from their comments they appreciated the down to earth style. Must go. Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment